Emergency Medical Responders
Website Independent First Nations Alliance
The Independent First Nations Alliance is looking to hire Emergency Medical Responders (EMR) for the Integrated Emergency Services department and will be reporting to the Health Emergencies Co-Ordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fulfilling the role of Emergency Medical Responder under the IES (Integrated Emergency Services) department
• Provide support to deployed IES staff during emergencies
• Liaising with health officers in communities assigned
• Writing reports, completing documents, etc.
• Other duties assigned by the Health Emergency Management Coordinator
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work under stressful situations and exercise sound judgement in all emergency care situations
• Ability to identify patient treatment needs through assessment and provide appropriate care are key for this role
• Excellent level of written and verbal communication
• Successful completion of an Emergency Care/Paramedicine program recognized by the Ministry of Health in the province of Ontario
• Current certification as A-EMCA is required
• Certification as a Primary Care Paramedic in the province of Ontario is required
• Valid and current CPR certification is required
• Valid and current BLS Certification is required. Having an ACLS in addition to the BLS Certification is an asset
• Minimum one year paramedic experience or 1500 hours of verified experience is required
• Driver’s license is required, along with a clear driver’s abstract
o Minimum DZ/FZ, with willingness to complete CZ
• Successful candidates must provide a clear criminal check, with vulnerable sector search
• Must be willing to complete attestation of COVID-19 vaccination as part of the role
• Willing to be cross trained in a variety of IFNA Integrated Emergency Services (IES) areas of support for communities, including but not limited to drone operations, basic interface firefighting, etc.
• Candidates who identify as Indigenous, First Nations or Metis are strongly encouraged to apply
• Ability to speak Ojibwe or Oji-cree would be beneficial
Start Date: ASAP/Open until filled
Please forward resume and cover letter with three references to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.