Website Grand Council Treaty #3
GRAND COUNCIL TREATY #3 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Position: Anishinaabe Health Workforce Development Coordinator
Location: Kenora or Fort Frances, ON
Duration: March 31, 2024 with potential for permanent
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Health Workforce Development Coordinator will work under the direction of the Health Transformation Manager and the guidance from Social Chiefs committee. The successful candidate will support bringing together GCT#3 HRR Table of partners and advancing priorities decided at the Table which promote marketing and long-term creation of a comprehensive recruitment and retention campaign and related strategy implementation.
· Outreach to Hospitals, Health Organizations and Education and Training institutes to bring a regional team together to create the marketing and strategy for developing a future workforce of locally trained teams;
· Planning, hosting and follow up for development and regular involvement of a HHR Table to meet in person quarterly to create and advance a strategy with identified priorities and next-steps to collaboratively support the recruitment and retention efforts taking place in Treaty 3.
· Work with Health Expert Advisory Panel on creating inspiring stories, opportunities and pathways for Anishinaabe youth to be inspired into future health careers.
· Attend National Conferences and Career Symposiums to share opportunities in the region
· Attend and work with schools to bring change in how youth see their potential choices in High school as opening doors to future careers in the territory.
· Participate in committees and steering groups and meetings with government funders to advocate for and participate in discussions in programs and policy changes that support future health workforce needs.
· Secondary School Diploma required.
· The most important qualification is a demonstrated passion for inspiring youth and caring about strengthening Anishinaabe health care workforce in the territory.
· Experience in coordinating a steering committee of multi-disciplinary partners across a region
· Strong understanding of Anishinaabe culture, language and traditions
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills along with experience in developing marketing and public engagement plans
· Organization and able to prioritize workload effectively
· Knowledge of Treaty #3 First Nation traditions, cultures, and values and history.
· Extensive understanding of the diversity among First Nations.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to research information from various sources.
· Ability to speak Anishinaabe language is an asset.
· Must have valid driver’s license (Equivalent to Class G), in good standing and a reliable vehicle.
· Must have a clear criminal records/vulnerable sector check is required.
· Must be able to travel on short notice.
· Travel may be required within Kenora and surrounding areas.
· Must be able to travel and stay overnight.
· Must also be able to work evenings when required.
· Busy office setting and repetitive work.
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
· Interacts with public at large.
· Ability to conduct and attend presentations.
· Overtime may be required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of::
Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.