Website Grand Council Treaty #3
GRAND COUNCIL TREATY #3 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Position Title: Mentored Work Placement Receptionist/Admin Support
Location: Kenora, ON
Salary Scale: Based on education & experience
Duration: July 2023 – January 2024
Closing Date: Open until filled
Grand Council Treaty #3 offers an exceptional learning opportunity for Treaty 3 youth with excellent organizational and time management skills. The Mentored student will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the GCT#3 staff to ensure that the services are provided in an effective manner. The Mentored student will assist staff with the co-ordination of functions and special events as required, reception coverage, assist with the distribution of information to Treaty 3 communities via faxes, memos and distribution. The Mentored student will also provide support to the Program Managers and undertake a variety of activities/initiatives within the office.
· Answers telephone and relays calls and records messages.
· Greets visitors, enquires the nature of their business and directs them to appropriate person(s).
· Schedules, confirms, and arranges appointments and meetings of Grand council administrative staff.
· Opens and administers regular and electronic mail for Grand Council and follows-up, when required, to ensure proper action is taken on all incoming mail.
· Prepares and provides an annual inventory process, checklist and report.
· Co-ordinates and manages general administrative office services, such as supplies and general office maintenance.
· Makes arrangements, prepares and assists in Grand Council General Assemblies.
· Coordinate the logistical aspects of departmental programs, such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
· Arrange and book meetings in boardrooms, off-site conference halls, and other locations; ensure the appropriate presentation equipment is there.
· As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
· Arranges travel itinerary and accommodation of Grand Council Administrative Staff.
· During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
· Other Administrative and clerical duties as assigned by GCT3 Leadership and supervisor.
· Under the Youth Mentorship Work Program, candidates must be youth aged 15-30 who are not in school, unemployed or underemployed.
· Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
· An understanding of the Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions.
· Ability to work with all levels of employees and departments.
· Ability to provide professional customer service.
· Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing.
· Proven skill to format and draft correspondence, forms, reports, and proposals.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
· Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
· Must have valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
· Must have a clear criminal records/vulnerable sector check is required upon hiring.
· Must be able to travel on short notice.
· Travel may be required within Kenora and surrounding areas.
· Busy office setting and Repetitive work.
· Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
· Interacts with public at large.
· Overtime may be required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their covering letter how they meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Send Applications to: Human Resource Manager
PO Box 1720
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
The Grand Council Treaty #3’s dedication to excellence is completed by its profound commitment to building and sustaining a self-dependent Nation for Grand Council Treaty #3. Program guidelines state that eligible participants for the mentored work placement include First Nations and Inuit youth who ordinarily reside on reserve, in recognized communities or on community lands, and Inuit who are residents in Canada. Individuals from the Anishinaabe Nation in Treaty #3 are encouraged to apply.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.