Netamisakomik Centre for Education
Employment Opportunities for Educational Assistant
Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) is an Ojibwe Nation with a community population of approximately 400 situated within our traditional lands on beautiful White Lake. Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg has undertaken a process of self-governance in education and offers a unique opportunity to merge your skills, knowledge, and experience in western education with our Anishinabek culture within our ancestral lands.
We are currently seeking Educational Assistants in Various Grades 1 to 8 and Special Education commencing in the fall of 2023.
- grade 12.
- Early Childhood Education (ECE), Youth Care Worker (YCW), Educational Assistant (EA), College training are preferred.
- assist students with lessons under direct supervision of classroom teacher.
- assist with marking of tests and worksheets.
- assist with classroom inventory.
- assist in other duties assigned by a school principal.
- assist the teacher in the completion of daily paperwork utilizing various computer programs.
- monitor and report to classroom teacher on student progress.
- monitor students during a break or noon hour
- accompany and supervise students during activities in school gym, resource centres and on field trips
- prepare classroom displays and bulletin board displays.
- operate or assist teacher in operation of projectors, iPad and other audio-visual or electronic equipment.
- carry out behaviour modification, personal development, and other therapeutic programs under supervision of professionals such as special education instructors, psychologists or speech-language pathologists.
- to model the Seven Teachings: Love, Respect, Wisdom, Humility, Bravery, Honesty and
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Please send a cover letter and resume, certificate of qualifications for the Ontario College of Teachers, 3 professional references, most recent teacher appraisal (copies only,) and current criminal record check. Email to Stan Sabourin, Education
Potential candidates will be required to provide a police record check, including vulnerable persons check, and complete a drug screening test prior to any offers of employment taking place. We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit picmobert.ca.