Website City of Thunder Bay
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Operations Supervisor and the direct supervision of the Chief Operator, operates, regulates, monitors and adjusts various pumps, machines and equipment controls to assure efficient operation of the Water Pollution Control Plant and sewage lift stations.
- Performs the function of regular duty, after-hours duty, service, and sludge dewatering operator as assigned.
- Operates and maintains relevant processes and equipment in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the relevant Operations Manual and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Inspects plant processes and equipment. Records meter readings, prepares process calculations, and inputs process data in plant computer.
- Completes logs and other record keeping mechanisms as required in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that all relevant equipment is properly monitored, inspected and evaluated, and that records of equipment and process operating status are prepared and available at the end of every operating shift.
- Reports and documents in the plant log, all unusual plant and stations operating conditions, and equipment in need of servicing.
- Monitors plant process through the use of SCADA system; takes and logs corrective actions to alarms.
- Performs maintenance work as assigned, or as outlined by the Preventative Maintenance System. Takes equipment/processes out of service for the purpose of scheduled preventative maintenance or repair.
- Monitors, maintains and adjusts system set points to ensure plant processes are operating normally.
- Collects process samples, performs analytical tests and analyzes data for all operational parameters.
- Recommends revisions and improvements to plant operating procedures.
- Performs routine duties such as operational work orders, cleaning, scum removal, servicing pumps and related plant operational functions.
- Ensures the security of the plant and property by locking all doors, windows, and gates, as required by established directives.
- Performs and assists with confined space assessments/entries and lockouts as required.
- Monitors equipment, identifies and reports equipment wear, abnormalities, breakdowns, and repairs as required.
- Performs general building and grounds maintenance and repairs as required.
- Assists the Maintenance staff as required.
- Receives and assists in the unloading of plant chemicals and equipment deliveries.
- Relieves Chief Operator as required.
- Performs standby operator duties as required.
- Actively participates in a team work environment.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
To apply for this job please visit careersen-thunderbay.icims.com.