Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Required to participate in on-call schedule
$40.2151 to $48.6681 per hour
As per CUPE LOCAL 3634 Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
The Respiratory Therapist is responsible fulfills clinical, technical and administrative responsibilities within our Respiratory Services department. The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for the providing of oxygen therapy, cardio/respiratory equipment monitoring and the assessment and treatment of cardio/respiratory and associated disorders to maintain or restore ventilation and for diagnostic procedures related to these techniques.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you and you meet most of the essential qualifications we are looking for, we encourage you to apply and provide us more details about why you think you would be a great fit. We cannot make any promises, but we will consider your qualifications and the potential you bring. LWDH is dedicated to ongoing professional development and continuing education opportunities to enhance skillsets and working experience.
Why Work with LWDH? In this position, there are many benefits to joining our team:
– 3 weeks paid vacation
– Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan enrolment, one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans that includes portability, inflation protections, survivor benefits, buyback options, and early retirement
– Desjardin Group Life Insurance coverage that includes life insurance, and short/long-term disability coverage
– Green Shield Canada extended health benefits for single and family including dental services, prescription, health services, vision, hospital accommodation, etc.
– Access to staff physiotherapy, onsite gym, Employee LifeWorks Program, staff wellness initiatives, and much more!
– Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program
– Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO)
– Current certification in BCLS, NRP and ACLS, and demonstrated ongoing competency and annual recertification
– Knowledge and experience with ventilation (invaisive and noninvaise), airway management, spirometry, arterial blood gas collection, art line insertion, endotracheal intubation / extubation, home oxygen assessment (at rest and exertion) are required
– Demonstrates competency in anesthesia technology
– Demonstrates a cooperative and positive professional attitude
– Able to work with minimal supervision
– Maintains effective inter-professional working relationships
– Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills
– Willing and able to participate in 24/7 on-call schedule
– Reliable attendance record
– Discipline free personnel file
– Knowledgeable of Indigenous culture
– Current certification in PALS and CRE preferred
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.