$30.2138 to $32.1253 per hour
As per CUPE LOCAL 1781 Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As an RPN working in the Emergency Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will be the first point of patient contact; treating patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions and requiring urgent treatment in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team, you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
– Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current Certification in BLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Certification in IV Therapy for RPN’s with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
– Competent to deliver medications in an acute care setting
– Preference will be given to those with minimum 1 year medical/surgical experience
– Ability to provide evidence of professional development
– Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrates a multidisciplinary approach to patient care
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.