$30.2138 to $32.1253 per hour
As per CUPE LOCAL 1781 Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
The Surgical Services RPN is responsible for the clinical functioning and support of the pre-operative clinic through engagement with patients and other multidisciplinary team pre-surgery. The successful candidate will optimize patient health through pre-assessment activities and liaise with various clinical professionals regarding patient care.
In this role, the RPN will accomplish patient care goals by utilizing nursing best practices in a preoperative setting. Surgical nursing offers diversity, and the development of leadership, organizational and time-management skills. This role is ideal for the RPN seeking a new and challenging opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a specialty area.
– Current Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current certificate in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Certification in IV therapy for RPN’s with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Completed a recognized Medication Delivery Program if not included in their basic program and is able to demonstrate ongoing competence
– Competent to deliver medications in an acute setting
– Ability to provide evidence of professional development
– Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication with neat and legible handwriting
– Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public both in person and by telephone
– Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own actions
– Demonstrates a multidisciplinary approach to patient care
– Reliable attendance record
– Demonstrated computer experience within two years and knowledge of Window-based software
– Reliable attendance record
– Perioperative experience preferred
– Familiar with provincial wait time targets an asset
– Experience booking surgical appointments preferred
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.