The Miller Group
October 18, 2023
Position: Winter Patroller/ Snow Plow Operator
Division: Miller Maintenance
Reporting to: Patrol Supervisor
Start Date: To be determined
Location: Marathon, ON
Summary: Miller Maintenance proudly provides maintenance services on Maintenance Contracts for the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province of Ontario. Our leadership in the Ontario road and highway maintenance industry is based on our commitment to continuous improvement through education, innovation, safety, and training.
Cochrane Highway Maintenance has immediate openings for Winter Patrollers/Snow Plow Operators. The winter maintenance season runs yearly from September until April, weather dependent. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. At our core, we are our people. Following the winter season, we provide all employees equal opportunity to job vacancies. Want to be an essential part of keeping our communities safe this winter? Join our team!
• Safe and efficient operation of spreader, plow or combo units to perform the clearing of local roads as per the contract requirements
• Make snow and ice control decisions during the winter
• Responsible for road maintenance on highways
• Respond to emergency situations such as spills, accidents, inclement weather and assist in implementing an emergency plan
• Provide traffic control, including the set up and take down of traffic control signs
• Maintain accurate documentation, including hours of service, fuel records, incident reports, time sheets, diaries, logs etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• DZ license with a clean driver’s abstract
• Experience in winter operations (snow and ice control) along with knowledge of OTM book 7, is an asset
• Available to respond to call-ins within thirty minutes
• Ability to remain flexible with shift schedules, and extended hours (evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays) as winter events require
• Mechanical knowledge, ability to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment as required
• Effective team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to work and drive in extreme weather conditions
• Willingness to learn and appreciate company values – Safety, Quality, and Integrity so we can continue “Building Greatness”
Interested applicants please email your resume to HR@millergroup.ca
Miller is proud to provide this unique career opportunity, we offer continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package. At our core; we are our people. We succeed because we respect our people and invest in their development, safety and well-being. Miller is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key attributes to building greatness. Miller’s core values of Integrity and Community welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Accountability, means that we own our actions, our decisions and our results. As a Miller employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to our inclusive culture.
We will contact candidates selected for an interview. Accommodation for applications with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@millergroup.ca.