Website Wataynikaneyap Power
This position will report to the Manager, Operations of Wataynikaneyap Power PM Inc. The Operations Technician will support the Operations and Engineering departments and third-party contractors in planned work and emergency response related to Lines and Substations outages, including the associated requirements for work protections and switching. Incumbent must ensure all work assigned is performed efficiently, while demonstrating a personal commitment to the safety of co-workers, the public, oneself and the environment.
- Red Seal Powerline Technician or Substation Electrician. Industrial Electrician, Electrical Technician/Technologist qualifications with utility or high voltage experience will also be considered.
- Experience in electrical utility switching (Eg Transmission, Distribution and Stations environments)
- At least 6 years’ related field experience.
- Experience in any of the following areas is considered an asset:
- Experience in a regulated electrical utility environment.
- Experience with IHSA Electrical Utility Safety Rules and Utility Work Protection Code.
- Candidates who speak/understand Anishinaabe or Anishininiimowin and/or have meaningful experience working with or for First Nation communities in Northwestern Ontario (preferred)
- Must have a valid Ontario “G” driver’s license and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Travel will be required for job duties.
To apply for this job please visit www.wataypower.ca.