Website VON Canada
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $25,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 24-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client’s own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Nurses who join our team receive diverse assignments and ongoing clinical education and training opportunities. We support our employees by offering a work environment that strives to reinforce work life balance. Corporate values of respect, compassion, and excellence are upheld. These positions will be of interest to nurses who value client teaching, communication, autonomy and decision-making, and find community nursing challenging and rewarding.
- Provide and manage high quality, appropriate and cost effective nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Experience with pediatric patients with chronic conditions
- Demonstrated skills in observation, critical thinking, independent assessment, health teaching, communication and interpersonal relationship building
- Excellent assessment, teaching, problem solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
- Experience working in a diverse population including mental health
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas’
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.