Website Thunder Bay Museum
Duration: Contract, 35 hours per week
Salary: $35,000 to 40,000, plus Extended Health and Dental
The Thunder Bay Museum is seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to seek out fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, and manage fundraising campaigns. By coordinating events, writing proposals, and recruiting and leading volunteers, you will hone your speaking, writing, and leadership abilities while moving the Thunder Bay Museum closer to its financial goals.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized, with an aptitude for research. We are looking for someone who believes in the Thunder Bay Historical Museum Society’s mission and will demonstrate exceptional drive to further our existing fundraising efforts and help strategize and deliver new ones.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
1. Research individuals, corporations, and foundations that may be interested in gift-giving
2. Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors
3. Craft grant applications and fundraising proposals
4. Strategize and successfully execute fundraising campaigns
5. Organize fundraising and member events while overseeing teams of volunteers
6. Manage a budget and track whether goals are being met
7. Manage member stewardship activities and deliverables
1. Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, public relations, or a related field
2. Certificate in Fundraising, Diploma in Fundraising, relevant experience, or similar qualification
3. Experience writing grant proposals, press releases, and/or fundraising letters
4. Familiarity with donor and contact management software
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, project management skills, a strong team player, and demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural relationships;
6. Ontario Class G Drivers License.
1. CFRE Certification or a demonstrated plan to achieve certification in future;
2. Confidence with public speaking;
3. Legal or accounting experience;
4. Knowledge of Indigenous culture and history;
5. Ability to speak or read Anishinaabemowin;
6. Ability to speak or read French;
7. Experience with volunteer management software;
8. Demonstrated knowledge of the Thunder Bay Museum;
9. Demonstrated knowledge of Northwestern Ontario history.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Must have a clear certified criminal record check;
2. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as workload demands;
3. May be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation;
4. Must sign a confidentiality agreement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.