Job Title: Third Cook
Reports to: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous chef
Shift length: 11 hours
Shift schedule: day shift, night shift
The Third Cook fills a support position within the Culinary team. Working both day and night shifts the
Third Cook prepares a wide variety of menu items to fulfill both the bagged lunch program, as well as
items featured on both the breakfast and dinner menus to meet contract standards. The Third Cook
will work with Culinary leads to present attractive and well-prepared products each day.
• Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
• Following all safety controls related to Covid including regular handwashing, proper
use of PPE and enhanced cleaning/sanitation requirements
• Providing excellent and consistent service for all guests using the KDR facilities
• Maintaining a clean and organized workstation throughout the shift
• Preparing all hot and cold items required for both the daily bagged lunch program and the
breakfast and dinner menu services. Items include, but are not limited to:
o Cut fruits, vegetables and other items served at the cold tables for both bagged
lunches and menu service
o Simple salads using various vegetables and fruits
o Compound/mixed salads such as potato, pasta salads or other preparations
o Other required menu items as directed
• Ensuring that food safety requirements are being followed
• Completing all HACCP and Production logs as required
• Labelling and dating of all products prepared for service as required
• Removing all used pots, pans, utensils, etc., to ware washing area
• Performing end-of-shift cleaning, sweeping, and mopping of workstation
• Completing all weekly and monthly cleaning tasks as scheduled
• Removing garbage from workstation as required
• Receiving and storing all supplies (food, beverage, chemical and paper/disposable)
• Assisting with any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Requirements: Valid Food Safety certificate
• Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
• Climb ladders or stairs.
• Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
• Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
• Work with arms above shoulder height.
Please send resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.