Website The City of Thunder Bay
Competition number DEV-78-22
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision and direction of the Supervisor and the technical direction and guidance of a Senior Planner, performs duties relative to the Streamline Development Approval Fund (SDAF) project, which involves digitizing planning processes, streamlining workflows and advancing opportunities for more housing development.
1. Responsible for conducting research and compiling information as it relates to the Streamline Development Approval Fund project.
2. Coordinates Streamline Development Approval Fund initiatives and assignments for the Division.
3. Creates and maintains a database of all properties with site plan control agreements and audits properties and agreements to ensure compliance.
4. Answers telephone, counter and email or letter inquiries.
5. Participates in zoning reviews for a variety of corporate processes including site plan, real estate inquires and business licenses.
6. Provides initial screening and background research for inquires and a variety of planning applications.
7. Reviews Committee of Adjustment applications and assists with the preparation of comments related to minor variances as required.
8. Prepares property owner lists of zoning amendments and other notices, and co-ordinates distribution.
9. Participates in the updating, reprinting, and consolidation of the Zoning By-law and the Official Plan (hardcopy and online).
10. Participates in the development of Zoning By-laws, including housekeeping amendments.
11. Maintains and updates the Division’s website information as directed.
12. Maintains Division files and databases.
13. Performs all of the statutory functions related to the Committee of Adjustment as its Secretary-Treasurer and acts as Recording Secretary at Committee meetings as required.
14. Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.thunderbay.ca.