Website SYNERGY NORTH
Lines & Operations – Thunder Bay location
Outside Staff Collective Agreement
$20.1794 – $22.4215 (May 1, 2022 rates)
Under the general direction of a Supervisor and / or assigned staff member is responsible for work assigned to work with Powerline crews or Operations staff in a safe and efficient manner within the utility’s service area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the labour crew in installing duct work and/or trenching.
• Assist the Powerline or Station Maintenance crews, as required.
• Hand digging while working around other utilities.
• Use chain saw, fork lift, and/or operate gas powered tools or equipment.
• Traffic control/flagging for crews.
• Clean up of Synergy North construction sites, Operations Centre yard, and/or complete maintenance work on any other Synergy North properties
• Painting (both inside and outside).
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Minimum Grade 12 Secondary School Graduation Diploma, or equivalent.
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License with an excellent driving record. Note: A Driver’s Abstract will be processed by SYNERGY NORTH to verify that the applicant has no more than 6 demerit points.
· Must have a proven mechanical aptitude.
· Must have good reading comprehension and communication skills (written and verbal).
· High regard for personal and public safety in a team setting.
· Must have good customer relations, interpersonal skills and teamwork skills with a commitment to continuous improvement.
· Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Labourer.
· Current certification in First Aid, CPR, and WHMIS.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Must be physically capable to meet the job’s physical and work environment requirements (as determined by a physical requirements evaluation) and satisfactorily complete an employment medical.
· Must have an ability and willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
· Must be available to work overtime, as required.
· Must successfully complete a Police Information Check.
· Must successfully complete Drug & Alcohol Testing.
TESTING To confirm ability and suitability, applicants will be required to take tests related to the job requirements and duties of this position, which may be conducted by a third party.
To apply for this job please visit synergynorth.ca.