Website SYNERGY NORTH
Under the general direction and guidance of the Utility Arborist Coordinator, the Forestry Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the utility’s power line urban forestry management (UFM) program.
Coordinates work with Utility Arborist Coordinator and/or Project Engineer where line crews will be required.
Manages by-law adherence and oversees the risk management of hazardous trees.
Provides expertise on species growth, herbicide application, insect, and disease control, as well as any tree maintenance and treatment methods including proper tree trimming and tree removals pursuant to approved methods.
Develop and maintain databases.
Performs standardized data collection and analysis.
Monitors forest health assessments around SYNERGY NORTH infrastructure.
Assists Line Supervisors and/or Engineering Services with day-to-day activities, as required.
Performs field assessments and communicates with customers, City of Thunder Bay representatives, and any other officials.
Maintains good public relations with all stakeholders, including SYNERGY NORTH customers.
Performs other related duties that may be assigned.
· A Graduate of a post-secondary Forestry Program or a Certified Arborist.
· A demonstrated knowledge of arboriculture practices; applicable safety requirements and safety equipment; tree trimming and planting methods; disease management and species identification
· Must be organized, flexible, have a proven ability to set priorities, work independently and take initiative.
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel, GIS, and Mapping.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and have a working knowledge of IHSA, E&USA, ESA, CSA and A.N.S.I. requirements.
· Specific electric utility forestry experience and sound electrical knowledge pertaining to the electrical utility business.
· Experience in dealing with budgets and task scheduling.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must have and maintain a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and the use of a vehicle.
· Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions as required.
· Must be willing to work overtime, out-of-town and/or remotely, as required.
· Must be able to prioritize and complete tasks accurately and within specific time constraints with little or no supervision.
· Must successfully complete a Police Information Check (PIC) and Drug & Alcohol Testing.
TESTING To confirm ability for the position, applicants may be required to take tests related to the job requirements and duties of this position that may include the Physical Demands Testing which is conducted by an independent third party.
To apply for this job please visit synergynorth.ca.