Website St. Joseph's Care Group
SUPPORT SERVICE WORKER (23-R902)
Posted Date: 11/8/2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Application Site: recruitment.sjcg.net
Bargaining Unit: SEIU HERITAGE
Status: Part Time TEMPORARY
Department: Support Services
Site: St. Joseph’s Heritage
Shifts: Days/Evenings including weekends
Rate of Pay: $24.76 – $26.18 per hour
– Current Personal Support Worker (PSW), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) or Social Services Worker (SSW) certificate/diploma from a recognized college program or equivalent combination of education and experience
– Must possess and maintain a current Safe Food Handling Certificate
– Education/courses and/or experience working with the elderly in a community setting, including medication assistance
– Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
– Ability to maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, staff and clients
– Ability to work independently and to function cooperatively and efficiently as a team member
– Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
– Experience with MEDe-care software
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
- Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005 or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Applications from all qualified individuals are welcome. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.sjcg.net.