Position: Second Cook
Reports to: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef
Shift length: 11 hours
Shift schedule: day shift, night shift
The Second Cook contributes to the overall success of the Culinary team. Involved in preparing the
dinner menu, the Second Cook is responsible for all starch and vegetable items required for the menu.
The Second Cook will work with the First Cook to ensure that all product meets quality standards as
set out by Culinary leadership.
• Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
• Following all safety controls related to Covid including regular handwashing, proper
use of PPE and enhanced cleaning/sanitation requirements
• Providing excellent and consistent service for all guests using the KDR facilities
• Maintaining a clean and organized workstation throughout the shift
• Preparing all accompanying starch and vegetable items as required on the menu
• Producing other items such as soups, hot and cold sauces, and other preparations as directed
• Presenting and maintaining menu items in the hot line during dinner service
• Ensuring that food safety requirements are being followed
• Completing all HACCP and Production logs as required
• Labelling and dating of all products prepared for service as required
• Removing all used pots, pans, utensils, etc., to ware washing area
• Performing end-of-shift cleaning, sweeping, and mopping of workstation
• Completing all weekly and monthly cleaning tasks as scheduled
• Removing garbage from workstation as required
• Receiving and storing all supplies (food, beverage, chemical and paper/disposable)
• Assisting with other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Requirements: Valid Food Safety certificate
• Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
• Climb ladders or stairs.
• Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
• Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
• Work with arms above shoulder height.
Please send resume’s to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.