Website Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
1. Graduate of a Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM) recognized program for Health Information Management (HIM) Professionals
2. Certified with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
3. Must know and practice professional ethics, particularly in regard to confidentiality and the release of medical information concerning patients. Must exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff and the public.
4. Must be able to perform under pressure, able to organize workload effectively, use initiative, be flexible and open to change and suggestion.
· Works under the direct supervision of the Health Records Lead, providing relief for the Lead and working independently in the absence of the Lead.
· Primary responsibilities include NACRS and DAD coding, chart assembly, data quality, release of information services, transcription services, record processing and destruction, and other duties as assigned.
· For a comprehensive list of qualifications & responsibilities, please refer to the job description JD-HR-01.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health / dental, pension, disability / insurance, paid vacation.
RLMCMH is an 18 bed facility located in beautiful, rural Northwestern Ontario. We offer 24 hour emergency care, acute & chronic care, obstetrics, diagnostic services, rehabilitation, and a variety of day clinics. The Health Records Technician is a full time, CUPE (union) position.
The community of Red Lake is home to approximately 5000 residents. The primary industries include mining, tourism, and forestry. The town is approximately a 3 hour drive from Kenora and a six hour drive from Thunder Bay. Red Lake can be accessed by road or by air.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.