Our Vision: To advance economic reconciliation for the Indigenous Peoples of Canada.
This position will run on a 5-year contract.
Do you have a passion to see community members succeed? Are you organized, detail-oriented and have experience tracking participant/client progress using databases? Do you have experience working with Indigenous job seekers? Then this IS the job for you. ORIGIN’s Indigenous Engagement and Training team is looking for its newest member! Is it you?
Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Participant Success Coordinator focuses on working with project participants/trainees to move them along in their training and connection to employment as/where appropriate.
The Participant Success Coordinator will also work with the Partnership Development officer to support industry and develop job opportunities by promoting Operation Innovation 2.0.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in business or social services
- Familiarity with data management systems (i.e. ARMS)
- Experience as employment counseling/success coaching an asset
- Familiar & experience working with return-to-work strategies, life skills, employment training and counselling.
- Must be organized and ability to plan, track and report progress
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Applications; Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint/Cloud storage, Outlook, and Internet.
- Experience with Monday.com is an asset
They will conduct assessments of individuals’ employability dimensions to determine suitability for services and help select a pathway. They will make appropriate referrals to formal training opportunities within Operation Innovation, ORIGIN or to external training programs/agencies.
The Participant Success Coordinator will support clients in achieving employment goals by providing individual employment support services:
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background, career goals etc. and to assess their employment related needs (initially during screenings)
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients to develop strategies to overcome barriers
- Assess need for additional assistance and make appropriate referrals outside the scope of this project
- Counselling assistance to be provided in the areas of: Job Maintenance and Job Placement
- Assist clients with applications to Operation Innovation 2.0 and refer to other programs
- The Participant Success Coordinator will work with those not entered directly into the project to connect them with alternate training programs through ISET agreement holder and provincial based training projects.
- Support and monitor clients as they progress through the training program
- Maintain file case notes and appropriate documentation about clients’ progress
- The Participant Success Coordinator is to support (along with ORIGIN HR) working with participants to establish appropriate job placements with the project.
- The Participant Success Coordinator may meet with potential employers to support project lead and/or project coordinator in securing employment opportunities.
- Provide support to project assist trainees in the achievement of their employment goals
- Assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews (if required)
- Conduct outreach to potential participants by telephone, email, social media and in-person to promote programs and complete follow-up to inquiries.
- Complete assessments to screen applicants for individual pathways to employment, make appropriate referrals to formal training and/or external service agency referrals.
- Communicate progress and notify community of individuals that have been accepted to the program.
- Communicate results of screening/assessments to community members
Job Development Partnerships
- Conduct employer outreach to develop employer relations to build a network of employers.
- Establish and maintain accurate employer contact lists to ensure inventory of placement opportunities.
- Support Partnership Development Officer to provide direct job matching between employers and program participants to secure employment opportunities. Attend job interviews with participants when required.
- Liaison with community programs to assist participants with employment success and continued employment opportunity development.
Operation Innovation 2.0 Delivery/Success Coaching During Screening Phase
- Participant Success Coordinator will support and promote success paths for training candidates at each project delivery location:
- Presenting ORIGIN/Operation Innovation 2.0 program opportunities for employment and training
- Provide program materials and applications to Operation Innovation 2.0
- Brief interviews to set goals and collect information for career identification on site
- Ensuring participants are clear and informed to submit applications to formal training and employment opportunities
Once/if applicants have applied to program:
- Assist in processing program applications
- Evaluate (with project staff) the best suitable pathway for applicant
- If selected for employment immediately – follow data tracking process
- If identified as participant for formal HEO training assist in setting up logistics to ensure they are prepared to participate with success by assisting/overseeing:
- Transportation processes & meal claim forms are completed
- Establishing accommodations during programming
- Ensuring all application forms are completed for specified training school
- Liaise with training provider to monitor attendance
- Support individuals where necessary to ensure successful completion
- If not selected for formal training or employment, make referrals to alternate training where appropriate
- Communicate results of assessments
- Liaise with Employers and Training providers
- Liaise with project team, community, government programming, ISET holders and other social, employment and community agencies that provide training and invite to screening sessions (where appropriate)
- Marketing the program and opportunity to training providers
- Liaise with employers (inventory a list of area employers and direct projects involving the First Nation in some capacity)
- Communicate the project opportunity and invite to screening sessions (where appropriate)
Please submit your resume through the job board or via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Participant Success Coordinator Application”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.