Website Northern Waterworks Inc
Northern Waterworks Inc. (NWI) for over twenty years NWI has been providing consulting, operations, and project delivery services to a cross section of Ontario customers. The services include a 24/7 hotline for technical support and emergency responses to First Nations in Ontario (127 communities) as well as operational and project delivery either directly or through the Government of Canada’s Department of Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks’ (MECP) Spills Action Centre (SAC). In addition, over that same period NWI has been providing multiple Northern and Northwestern Ontario Municipalities with professional water and wastewater operations, maintenance, and management services. Today we manage 35 municipal water and wastewater subsystems. which include over 60 individual facilities that are distributed over a geographical area that is similar in size to that of France and Germany combined.
We are seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to support all NWI staff across our operating territory, which currently covers Kenora to Marathon. Reporting to the Manager, People & Culture the successful applicant will be a self-motivated, organized and customer centric individual with experience in both Human Resources and Payroll functions.
Human Resources Functions:
· Maintain personnel files and databases, ensuring all employee related information is accurate and up to date.
· Provide HR support throughout the recruitment and selection process, including but not limited to job postings, participation in the interview process, reference checks, selection and offer of employment.
· Provide guidance and direction related to the disciplinary process or corrective action plans.
· Coordinate and participate in job fairs or trade shows are required.
· Coordinate and conduct all onboarding and orientation for new employees.
· Maintain employee benefit programs and databases in accordance with employee benefit entitlements.
· Responsible for tracking, maintaining, and coordinating all health and safety and other legislated training to ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
· Draft, implement and maintain corporate policies to align with the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, OSHA, as well as other employment related legislation, regulations, standards, as well as human resources best practices.
· Provide guidance and direction related to the disciplinary process, corrective action plans or development plans.
· Support all aspects of the disability management program including short-term/long-term disability, WSIB and the return-to-work program.
· Participate in the planning and implementation of employee relations programs.
· Respond to department inquiries in a timely and confidential manner.
· Provide a professional and customer-centric approach in all interactions with internal and external customers.
· Verification and reconciliation of payroll on a biweekly basis.
· Prepare calculations for appropriate payroll deductions.
· Maintain employee records for vacation, sick time, and other legislated leave of absence.
· Remittance of payroll reports.
· Preparation and distribution of payroll statements such as earning statements, T4’s and ROE’s.
· Answer and direct calls, email and other inquires as required.
· Provide administrative onsite support to the IT department as required.
· Health and safety liaison.
· Assist in maintaining fleet documentation and registration and coordinating timely vehicle inspections.
· Participate in the annual budget process.
· Completion of post-secondary education, degree, or diploma, in Human Resources, or a related field.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience in the Human Resources field.
· Demonstrated experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and HRIS maintenance.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to apply sound judgement and maintain confidentiality while working with highly sensitive documents and information.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong team ethic while also highly self-motivated and self -directed.
How to Apply:
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted via email to email@example.com by February 10, 2023, quoting the job title noted above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.