Website Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
Discharge Program Driver (On-call, Casual Position)
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation is recruiting for Discharge Program Driver. This position will be operating out of Kenora, ON. The Discharge Driver transports clients released from custody to their destinations in a timely and safe manner.
• Proven ability to work with individuals from NAN communities.
• Experience in counselling, crisis intervention, and trauma-informed care is an asset.
• Ability to handle sensitive or complex situations and resolve conflict.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
• Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information.
• Excellent time-management abilities
• Strong driving skills
• A clean driving record/driver abstract
• A valid driver’s license.
• Current Criminal Records Check
• Communicate with the appropriate persons in the identified NAN community regarding the Client’s discharge and arrival into the community.
• Maintaining vehicle in a neat and clean condition, sanitizing vehicle after each use in
accordance with current COVID-19 regulations
• Recording all vehicle maintenance and safety checks
• Keeping a logbook for reporting
• Keeping track of fuel usage and mileage
• Completing all reporting and data entry required.
LOCATION: Kenora, ON
SALARY: Salary is based on a “per trip” basis in accordance with the Discharge Program
pre-determined rate schedule.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Please send cover letter and resume:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
1805 Arthur St E, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For a detailed Job Description, visit www.nanlegal.on.ca
To apply for this job email your details to HR@nanlegal.on.ca.