Netamisakomik Centre for Education
Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) is an Ojibwe Nation with a community
population of approximately 400 situated within our traditional lands on beautiful White Lake.
Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg has undertaken a process of self-governance in education and offers a unique opportunity to merge your skills, knowledge and experience in western education with our Anishnabe culture within our ancestral lands.
We are currently seeking Teachers in Various Grades 1 to 8 commencing immediately, with
opportunities for the right candidates to continue on with us for the new school year commencing in the fall of 2021.
• Ontario College of Teachers Certificate in good standing
• Experience with differentiated instruction and teaching a multi-grade classroom
• Reading Specialist and/or Special Education qualifications would be an asset
• Must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and strong team work ethics
• Experience working with and in Indigenous communities would be a strong asset
• Willingness and ability to contribute positively to community life and development by being a role model and participant in community activities
• In light of the ongoing pandemic conditions, flexibility to respond to changing teaching conditions, including remote learning.
• ration to organize and implement LRP and daily lesson plans
• Experience with various methods of instruction, assessment and evaluation
• Develop an effective learning environment with a focus on their cultural background
• Maintain effective classroom routines as well as excellent classroom management skills
• Maintain effective curriculum planning according to the Ontario Curriculum Guidelines
• Appreciation an understanding of Aboriginal culture and traditions
• To teach diligently the class assigned; to facilitate learning and encourage students to strive for
• To model the Seven Teachings: love, respect, wisdom, humility, bravery, honesty and truth
• To participate in and contribute to community life and development by maintaining positive
relationships with families, First Nation leadership and departments and other stakeholders
• To participate as a resource person in the development of a strategic plan for education
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
Please send a cover letter and resume, certificate of qualifications for the Ontario College of
Teachers, 3 professional references, most recent teacher appraisal (copies only,) and current
criminal record check. Email to Stan Sabourin, Education Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential candidates will be required to provide a police record check, including vulnerable persons check, and complete a drug screening test prior to any offers of employment taking place.
We thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.