Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation (NFMC)
The Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation (NFMC) is a Crown Corporation established in 2012 by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) under the Tenure Modernization Act, 2011.
If you have more than two years GIS experience with an accredited GIS program, then you may be interested in this full-time/permanent position.
The NFMC is looking for a dynamic, hardworking team player who has the experience to develop, implement, and maintain a GIS database system. As the Forestry GIS Technical Specialist you will also be responsible for assisting with the development of Forest Management Plans and various annual programs under the supervision of the Operations Manager. You will also be required to provide a support role in the implementation of the NFMC’s silviculture programs.
The NFMC is able to offer a strong benefits package with competitive compensation. At the NFMC, our structure and culture provide opportunities for growth and innovative thinking. The successful applicant will work in a team environment, supporting initiatives to solve operational challenges.
• Post-secondary education with a degree/diploma in GIS/computer applications/programming and at least two years of related experience;
• Knowledge of the CFSA and in particular the MNRF’s Forest Information Manual requirements;
• Broad understanding of operational forestry practices and forest management planning;
• Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Excel;
• Good working knowledge of ArcMap 10.x, I.T. systems, networks, GPS and associated apps;
• Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
• Enthusiasm and a passion for GIS and forestry;
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Willingness to live in remote community.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate based on experience and education.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Nawiinginokiima Forest Management Corporation
Neil McDonald, Operations Manager
P.O. Box 1479, Marathon, Ontario, P0T 2E0
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, May 24, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
If requested, accommodation(s) will be made for those with disabilities. If a candidate requires accommodation(s) at any time throughout the application process, please contact NFMC prior to the posting closing date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.