Contractor Sales Estimator
Memorial Home Hardware Building Centre
Memorial Home Hardware is currently taking applications for the position of Contractor Sales Estimator. Successful applicants will be able to work shifts that include weekends (which could include Sundays) and evenings. Candidates should have hardware and building supply knowledge and be able to read and interpret blueprints, and be willing to build upon this knowledge base to better serve customers.
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to the following functions:
· Prepare material takeoffs and estimates based on blueprints for both Beaver Homes and Cottage plans and custom home plans.
· Communicate product knowledge and specifications as necessary.
· Try to accommodate the contractors prescribed consumer budget.
· Determine customer needs by asking open ended questions.
· Estimate the materials required for consumer projects and recommend contractors in good standing.
· Supply consumers with accurate estimates in a timely manner.
· Understand and be able to explain building code requirements to customers.
· Ensure customers are greeted promptly when entering the store or your department.
· Assist customers with locating and comparing merchandise.
· Assist customers with carrying out large or heavy items.
· Additional duties as assigned by management.
· Have training in blueprint reading and estimating.
· 1-2 years of experience in contractor, or building material sales.
If interested in applying for this position, please apply with resume in person or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.