Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
This posting may be used to fill other permanent vacancies, including part-time and/or full-time positions
May consist of days, evenings, nights, and weekends
Subject to change as per operational requirements
$22.8559 – $24.0928 hourly
Per CUPE LOCAL 822 Collective Agreement
Do you love to meet new people and provide exceptional customer service? The Clinical Information Clerk (CIC) position provides an opportunity for individuals to interact with patients, families and visitors on a regular basis and to build rapport and be the face of Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH). The CIC provides the important function of registering patients and ensuring that they navigate their visit to the hospital in a safe and efficient manner. Additionally, the CIC operates the switchboard and provides reception and information to patients and visitors.
– Secondary school diploma or equivalent
– Must have Medical Terminology Certificate, or be willing to complete training
– Demonstrated experience and knowledge in working with an IT based switchboard
– Experience with reception, office procedures and filing
– Effective written and oral communication skills
– Excellent keyboarding skills; minimum 35 wpm
– Ability to multi-task; versatile in changing priorities
– Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
– Excellent organizational skills
– Effective customer service skills
– Ability to work independently and part of a team environment
– Excellent understanding of, and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
– Proficient in the use of MS Office and MediTech software is an asset
– Ability to work shift work
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves, and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.