Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Competition Number: 2022-1781-003
Job Type: Part-time Permanent
Hours: 0.80 FTE
Department: Schedule 1 Psychiatry
Salary: $30.2138 to $32.1253 per hour. As per CUPE LOCAL 1781 Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Ongoing
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As an RPN at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH), you must be able to coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple patient assignments of varying complexities. While working as a member of a highly collaborative team; you have the autonomy to guide patients and their families through the hospital experience and to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders through advocating for patient treatment and providing excellent care for diverse needs. You accomplish your goals through utilizing nursing best practices in diverse situations.
The psychiatric unit offers many challenges and variety, which creates the development of leadership, organizational and time-management skills and knowledge of a wide range of nursing procedures, from basic to advanced.
– Current Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current Certification in BLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
– Competent to deliver medications in an acute care setting
– Certification in IV Therapy for RPN’s with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Ability to provide evidence of professional development
– Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
– Reliable attendance record
– Evidence of successful completion of post-diploma education and/or experience in mental health nursing or evidence of a consolidated experience in an acute mental health setting at the end of basic training; or 2-years’ experience in general duty nursing – acute care settings, supported by completion of the self-study modules in basic psychiatry would be an asset
– Knowledge of First Nations culture preferred
– Crisis Prevention Intervention training or equivalent preferred
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.