Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Competition Number: 2022-ONA-032
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Hours: 1.00 FTE
Department: Patient Care Administration
Salary: $34.24 to $49.02 hourly. As per ONA Collective Agreement
Closing Date: Ongoing until filled
Lake of the Woods District Hospital is seeking a Registered Nurse looking for their next challenge in nursing. The Utilization Coordinator is responsible for patient case management and discharge planning, including the development and facilitation of services to support patients in their safe and timely discharge and optimal bed utilization throughout the hospital.
The Utilization Coordinator plays a key role in hospital operations through the coordination of patient cases and their discharge, ensuring the appropriate use of resources and connection both internally and within the community. The successful incumbent will ensure the successful transition of care from one level to the next.
Note: Full job description and qualifications currently under review.
Why work at our hospital? We offer:
– In-house training opportunities to enhance skillset and learn specialty areas
– HOOPP defined pension plan eligibility for all staff
– Benefit plans for casual, part-time, and full-time
– Various incentives: new grad initiatives, tuition reimbursement for underserviced areas, tuition forgiveness for nurses (federal student loan repayment)
– Paid vacation for full-time positions, accommodation and relocation assistance on a case-by-case basis, and so much more!
The Lake of the Woods District Hospital is an accredited healthcare facility located on iconic Lake of the Woods in Kenora, Ontario. We’re creating history through being one of the first 24 Ontario Health Teams and being an active partner in the healthcare transformation that is occurring in the province. Currently, we are in the process of working collaboratively with All Nations Health Partners to plan and build a new All Nations Hospital, providing existing staff the ability to shape the future of healthcare in Kenora.
Kenora is a unique city offering something for everyone. Find out more here.
– Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Bachelor of Science in Nursing
– Minimum five years’ clinical nursing experience in acute care or community setting
– Highly developed interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated critical thinking and assessment skills
– Knowledge of long term care facilities, health care agencies and health resources available and referrals processes in the region
– Demonstrated ability to facilitate and coordinate team members toward a specific goal
– Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations related to discharge planning, patient rights, consent and informed decision-making
– Demonstrated ability to advocate on behalf of the patient
– Computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office program and applicable programs
– Knowledge of disease processes and how they affect a patient’s ability to perform activities of daily living
– Ability to read and interpret research in the health sciences
– Certification of BLS and demonstrated ongoing competency
– Experience in developing policy and procedures
– Knowledge of reporting to Wait Time Information System (WTIS, Cancer Care Ontario), Criticall, and Patient Transfer Authorization Centre (PTAC) an asset
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.