Website Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Four (4) Full-time Permanent
$34.24 to $49.02 hourly
As per ONA Collective Agreement
Ongoing until filled
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the ICU Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will be involved in the care of complex patient populations, such as those suffering from trauma, cardiac emergencies or other severe medical conditions that require treatment in a fast-paced team environment. As an integral member of the healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
– Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
– Graduate of recognized ICU/CCU post graduate program
– Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
– ACLS Certification and demonstrated ongoing competence through re-certification within the past two years
– Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
– Demonstrated ICU/CCU experience in the past 12 months
– Ability to function independently in the ICU/CCU and Medical/Surgical setting
– Knowledge and experience of First Nations culture an asset
– Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves, and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
To apply for this job please visit lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com.