Competition #SUM 22-18
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire seven (7) temporary, full-time Childcare Assistants for the summer located in Sioux Lookout (4), Red Lake (2) and Ear Falls (1). Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Registered Early Childhood Educator In Charge, the Childcare Assistant(s) is responsible for assisting in providing care and supervision to children ages 0 – 12 years at the Early Learning Centres, through supporting the planning and implementation of a program conducive to their emotional, physical, social and intellectual development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in implementing programming based on emergent curriculum.
- Assist with taking daily attendance and note any illness, appointments or special information for children attending.
- Ensure all books, toys and equipment are in safe and functional, and keep play areas, indoor and outdoor equipment clean, safe, orderly and aesthetically pleasing.
- Assist in maintaining positive discipline by following the procedures of the organization and Legislation. Apply directives consistently to provide appropriate limits and positive reinforcement of acceptable behaviour.
- Assist children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures such as washing hands and face, changing soiled pants, and assist and instruct children in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Successful candidates will have:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Understanding, awareness and inclusive of all cultures within programming.
Qualifications will include:
- Experience and/or familiarity completing the above tasks is beneficial.
- Completed Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) and enrolment in post-secondary studies, preferably in a related or complimentary field.
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s license is required.
To be considered for this position, you must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada. The hourly wage for this position is $15.38 – $18.63 (wage subject to funding availability and whether the successful candidates are returning students).
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number and community you are applying for, in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before May 19, 2022, at 4:00 pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit kdsb.on.ca.