Competition #ADM 22-21
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a regular, full-time MANAGER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY to join our Administration team (location open to the district). Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager of Information Technology is responsible for providing leadership and assistance in technology related systems development and implementation. Provide support in automation planning, technical requirement consultations, user support and training, maintenance planning, and evaluation of information technology for the Board.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical advice and recommendations on an organizational and program specific basis to the Senior Leadership team for the implementation of technology solutions.
- Link with provincial Ministry and third-party technical supports / staff during and after new technology implementation.
- Remain up to date with new developments and technical resources available to analyze office technology needs including hardware, software, information and ergonomic needs to support automation planning activities.
- Develop and maintain data backup systems, disaster recovery plans, and risk management plans.
- Assist in identification of Board technology training requirements, the development of a training plan and recommending and coordinating delivery of training.
- Plan and direct the work of the System Support Technicians, including but not limited to monitoring internal technical issues, developing implementation schedules, continuing post-implementation support, maintaining network and connection to provincial databases.
- Supervise, mentor and monitor performance of System Support Technicians, ensuring accurate and timely system support and maintenance functions. Supervision includes evaluation, training, discipline, and assignment of duties.
- Manages implementation of all management approved decisions related to technology.
- Ensure system documentation is written and updated for any changes implemented.
- Report on technology issues including procedures and recommending policies.
Successful candidates will have:
- Proficiency in computer hardware, software, cabling, installation, networking and security systems.
- Well developed administrative, organizational, analytical decision making and report writing skills to lead the activities of the department and resolve problems.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to maintain effective relationships with board staff, municipal staff and Ministry staff and to provide explanations on system related issues.
Qualifications will include:
- Requires a post-secondary diploma / degree in computer sciences and/or a related field from a recognized educational institution and a minimum of four years’ experience in the operation of networked systems.
- Proven proficiency in utilizing a wide variety of technology solutions (hardware and/or software).
- Extensive experience in disseminating and providing information to individuals and groups.
- Additional online certification in subjects like coding, data science, and cloud computer are an asset.
- Requires valid Ontario driver’s licence.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check must be provided.
For this position we offer a salary ranging from $93,608.01 – $107,417.34 per annum.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before May 19, 2022, by 4:00pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit kdsb.on.ca.