Competition #ISS 22-12
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward-thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire a temporary, full-time Integrated Services Worker to join our Integrated Social Services team (the successful candidate will be based in one of our offices – Dryden, Kenora, Red Lake, Sioux Lookout, or Ignace). Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the ISS Supervisor, the Integrated Services Worker is responsible for collecting and analyzing information from clients and residents to make recommendations for social assistance, early learning and care subsidy, social housing subsidy, and other programs administered by the KDSB. This will include interviewing, meeting, and scheduling appointments with applicants for assistance under the various social services legislation including the Ontario Works Act, Child Care and Early Years Act, and Housing Services Act.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interview, meet, and schedule appointments with applicants for assistance under the Ontario Works Act, Child Care and Early Years Act, Housing Services Act and related legislation as well as Initiative for Affordable Housing, Consolidated Homelessness Prevention Initiative, Learning, Earning, and Parenting (LEAP), and other programs.
- Verify necessary information required to make recommendations of eligibility to the appropriate case manager/manager.
- Ensure housing application and documentation is complete in order to place applicants on waiting list for housing services.
- Complete required documentation including hard copy and electronic forms and worksheets for input to the computer systems.
- Update client files such as Tenant Application, Rent Geared to Income information, Housing Wait Lists, Income Test, Income Statements, applications for benefits and all other files pertaining to provided services.
- Perform annual reviews as required and/or scheduled by supervisor or legislation and report results to the ISS Supervisor.
- Receive and respond to general inquiries from applicants, clients and the public regarding the Board’s programs and services and when necessary, direct to appropriate personnel or community agencies.
- Provide follow up on monthly rent arrears report and prepare all documentation in regards to arrears.
- Advise clients of rights and responsibilities and the right to appeal decisions for all programs.
- Accept reimbursements and cash payments and issue receipts, balance, and make deposits as well as send routine correspondence.
- Perform technical duties relating to the receiving, inputting, printing, processing, and transmitting of client data, income statements, maintenance data, administrative duties associated with offering and filling units, lease preparation and/or maintaining the centralized waiting list and related reports.
- Maintain filing systems and manuals for all documents and programs.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and sufficient communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, co-workers, management, and the public and the ability to handle applicant concerns in a tactful, sensitive manner.
- A high level of ability to use computer and other information technology including specialized software and administrative systems including databases, word processing, spreadsheets, and data input.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable legislation and acts that fall within the scope of the services.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the development of program goals and targets and to achieve them.
- Demonstrated on-going commitment to the principles and practices of client confidentiality.
- Demonstrated respect for people of all colour, culture, nationality, disability or any other circumstance.
Qualifications will include:
- Successful completion of a 2-year post-secondary education program in Social Services, Business Administration, Office Administration or similar and two years’ related experience. Alternatively, a combination of education and/or experience is required.
- A satisfactory Criminal Background Check, including Police Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) driver’s license.
The starting hourly wage for this position is $28.57 in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, on or before August 16, 2022 at 4:00 pm local time to the:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit kdsb.on.ca.