Personal Support Worker
Individual's Family Supported by Lutheran Community Care
Seeking a responsible and patient Support Worker to work with a forty-six year old man in his own home. This gentleman has been diagnosed with a developmental disability and has Prader Willi Syndrome. He receives 24 hour support from his support staff. He is passionate about cars and enjoys reading books/magazines about them and attending car shows. He also loves dogs and has his own dog that he walks daily.
Support staff are responsible for:
- Preparing meals
- House work
- Taking the individual into the community to participate in activities
- Building upon and learning new skills
- Ensuring medication is taken on schedule
- Assisting with activities of daily living (ie. supporting hygiene)
- Providing guidance and redirection
- Providing support through challenging behaviours
- Keeping other staff and client’s family apprised of important information in a timely manor
- Providing support to appointments
- Respecting the individual’s right to make choices
The successful applicant will:
- Be available to work weekends, especially Sundays.
- Exercise flexibility and patience.
- Work well independently.
- Be a self-starter and offer opportunities to take part in new activities.
- Provide an updated criminal records check.
- Have the ability to work three to four per month (shifts may be 8 hours, 16 hours or 24 hours).
- Provide 2 references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.