Website Hoshizaki House
Casual Relief Frontline Worker (2)
The Casual Relief Frontline Worker is responsible for providing coverage of the shelter and crisis line services during the absences of full time staff. Casual Relief Frontline Workers are required to work 12 hour shifts (8:00 am – 8:00 pm & 8:00 pm – 8:00 am), with availability during the week and/or weekends. Must be able to commit to, at least, four – 12 hour shifts a month; and be available for shifts on short notice.
SALARY: $23.21 per hour.
· Answer and respond to the crisis call and business line
· To ensure and maintaining the safety, comfort, and well–being of the women and children in the shelter. This includes the responsibility to provide the resident with the information and support that she requires in order to make her own, independent decisions and choices in a non-judgmental, non-denominating setting.
· To co-ordinate and supervise in-house activities and assist the residents when requested
· Complete all admissions, handle referrals and discharge of residents including all required documentation
· To provide crisis intervention, advocacy, information and referral services to women in crisis as a result of violence and abuse
· To maintain confidentiality of residents, staff, volunteer, and organization information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and in accordance with Shelter Policies.
· To be familiar with all policies and procedures of Hoshizaki House Dryden District Crisis Shelter.
· To participate in staff meetings and staff training sessions.
· To engage in regular supervision with the Executive Director, including an annual performance evaluation.
· To display cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
· To have the ability to work cooperatively, independently, and be an effective team player and work with minimal supervision.
· To be flexible and have the ability to prioritize your duties, and the ability to coordinate work for self and others.
· Participates fully and consistently cares for the children and the overall operation of the program.
· Completion of a Degree or Diploma in the human services field would be an asset
· Preference given to those with Social Service Worker Diploma or Social Work Degree
· Current Standard First Aid – CPR/AED Level C
· Criminal Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector – required upon offer of position
· An understanding and experience working with women who have been abused
· Feminist analysis on violence against women issues
· Excellent communications skills both verbally and written
· Experience and knowledge in crisis intervention
· Must have an anti-racist/anti oppression framework
Submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications and a resume including 3 references to: Stacey Lambe – firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.