Website Hoshizaki House
Transitional and Housing Support Program Worker
Hoshizaki House is seeking a THSP (Transitional Housing Support Program) to provide support, and advocacy to clients that meet the mandate of the Shelter. Shifts will be scheduled from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm., up to 35 hours per week. Must be flexible depending on Shelter’s needs.
To provide transitional and housing supports and services for women and their children, who have experienced abuse, to help them connect with community supports and find and maintain housing.
To support the development of a transitional support plan and a safety plan for women and their children, who have experienced abuse, based on the principles of person centered planning, self-determination and choice, and that services provided are reflective of these plans.
· Developing Transition and Safety Plans;
· Referrals and advocacy in the following areas: housing, long term counselling, parenting support, educational upgrades, health and wellness services and applying for income support.
· Increase the safety of women and their children.
· To establish contact with residents of the Shelter with an orientation to the Transitional and Housing Support Programs.
· To complete intakes, and make referrals to community organizations.
· To provide confidential services to women and operationalize a feminist philosophy.
· Answer and respond to the crisis call and business line
· To ensure and maintaining the safety, comfort, and well–being of the women and children in the shelter. This includes the responsibility to provide the resident with the information and support that she requires in order to make her own, independent decisions and choices in a non-judgmental, non-denominating setting.
· To co-ordinate and supervise in-house activities/groups and assist the residents when requested
· To complete intakes and make referrals to community services
· To provide crisis intervention, advocacy, information and referral services to women in crisis as a result of violence and abuse
Completion of a diploma or degree in the human services field.
Preference will be given to candidates with Social Service Worker Diploma/Social Worker Degree.
· Two to five years’ experience working with women who have been abused.
· Feminist analysis on violence against women issues.
· Excellent communications skills both verbally and written.
Experience in Group Facilitation, public speaking and program delivery.
Experience and knowledge in crisis intervention.
Must have an anti-racist/anti oppression framework and can work in a Harm Reduction Model
Ability to perform essential duties of the job
Current Standard First Aid – CPR/AED Level C
Criminal Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector – required upon acceptance of position
A valid license and access to a vehicle is required
· Please submit a cover letter and a copy of your resume including three references to:
· Stacey Lambe, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
· Application Deadline: Open until Filled
· We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.