Website George Jeffrey Children's Centre
George Jeffrey Children’s Centre (GJCC) is a paediatric health facility in Thunder Bay, Ontario providing specialized rehabilitation services to children and youth with physical, developmental, and communication needs. We are currently seeking a dedicated individual, ideally residing in the Municipality of Greenstone, to fill the role of Infant & Child Development Worker (ICDW).
Reporting to the Manager of Client Services, the (ICDW) is responsible for providing a family-centered psycho-social approach to early intervention services for infants and children birth to school-entry through the Infant & Child Development Program (ICDP). The ICDW will provide services for youth with, or at risk for, developmental delay by providing developmental assessments, treatment plans, programming, supports, referrals, and resources to parents and primary caregivers. In addition, the ICDW will assist in the implementation of integrated service delivery from intake to discharge.
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Studies, Psychology, Child Development, Social Work or equivalent with a minimum two (2)-years related experience demonstrating working knowledge of family centered service, early intervention, child development, family support and community-based services or;
- A minimum two-year Human Services Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Child and Youth Worker with four (4)-years related experience.
- Must be bilingual; English/French
- Knowledge of the developmental stages of infants and children, and an ability to apply this knowledge in a culturally-sensitive and trauma-informed manner
- Knowledgeable of local community resources for children and their families
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with children and families
- Good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Trustworthy and well-respected
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs and adept to learning new software
- Must have or be willing to obtain First Aid with CPR-C Certification
- Access to a reliable vehicle; travel within the District of Thunder Bay is required
- Able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check with vulnerable sector screening (PVSC)
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to enrich children’s lives, while enhancing your professional and personal growth. Passion for providing the best possible standard of care and exceptional people skills are key to succeeding in this role. We encourage applications from qualified candidates, who share our vision of empowered and inspired children, youth and families. This posting will remain open until filled. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with covering letter to the attention of Human Resources, George Jeffrey Children’s Centre, 200 Brock Street East, Thunder Bay, ON firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.