Website FSET Inc.
Founded in 1999 and based out of Kenora ON, FSET Inc. is an Information Technology & Services provider delivering progressive and forward-thinking technical solutions within both the public and private sectors. In addition to being a full-service IT company and Managed Services Provider, FSET assists organizations in their digital transformation to remove and reduce inefficiency and improve on employee workflows.
The FSET team shares 60 years of experience within Law Enforcement Information Technology (LEIT) and close to 40 more within healthcare in Canada and the US. Other verticals include Small and Medium Businesses, Enterprise, Education, and various levels of Government. Through leading partners, such as Entrust, Microsoft, Citrix, Nutanix, Dell, Lenovo, and Samsung our staff help streamline and deliver best-in-class technologies and solutions.
We are looking for a self-starter to join our team and work alongside us at the forefront of the tech industry in Northwestern Ontario. The System Administrator position is a permanent full-time job opportunity and will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of hardware, software, and networks in production information systems. The System Administrator will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Actively monitor the operations of servers and network components to ensure that they are online and healthy.
- Identifying and resolving operational issues.
- Monitor backup jobs and manage the offsite storage of backup files.
Install and update firmware and software.
- Respond to internal problem tickets by running diagnostics, determining root cause, applying resolutions, and maintaining documentation.
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate common and repetitive system administration tasks.
- Maintain the configuration of the information systems in compliance with baseline configuration specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bondable Criminal record check; enhanced reliability security clearance.
College or university degree in information technology, system administration, computer science, or a closely related field and 5 years of equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience as a System Administrator.
- System Administration and IT certifications is an asset.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies with an emphasis on Hyperconverged technologies is an asset.
- Working knowledge of service management solution (e.g., Datto Autotask)
In-depth knowledge of networking technologies relating to VLAN, VPN and other IP related services such as DNS in a Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of cloud services (e.g., Azure, AWS, M365).
- Experience in securing and hardening operating systems, networks, databases, and applications is an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM best practices.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, punctual, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure with strong attention to detail.
- Priority will be given to those eligible to work in Canada.
- Professional Development
- Paid Educational Training
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits
SALARY: $78,000 – $88,400 per year
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are excited to work alongside us at the forefront of the tech industry, we invite you to apply on Indeed or directly at fset.inc; no phone calls, please. We would like to thank everyone for their applications, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. The job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Individuals seeking employment with FSET Inc. are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit www.fset.inc.