Position: First Cook
Reports to: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chef
Shift length: 11 hours
The First Cook plays a key role in executing the daily dinner service with support from the Culinary
team. Working with Culinary leadership, the First Cook is responsible for preparing the feature
proteins required for dinner service, ensuring that quality standards are met. As a senior member of
the production team the First Cook will demonstrate effective leadership and will be responsible, along
with Culinary leadership, for monitoring daily operations
• Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
• Following all safety controls related to Covid including regular handwashing, proper
use of PPE and enhanced cleaning/sanitation requirements
• Providing excellent and consistent service for all guests using the KDR facilities
• Maintaining a clean and organized workstation throughout the shift
• Preparing all proteins and entrée items as required by the menu
• Preparing other menu items as required
• Coordinating with and monitoring other production team members to ensure that quality and
contract standards are met
• Ensuring that food safety requirements are being followed
• Presenting and maintaining menu items in the hot line during dinner service
• Completing all HACCP and Production logs as required
• Labelling and dating of all products prepared for service as required
• Removing all used pots, pans, utensils, etc., to ware washing area
• Performing end-of-shift cleaning, sweeping, and mopping of workstation
• Completing all weekly and monthly cleaning tasks as scheduled
• Removing garbage from workstation as required
• Receiving and storing all supplies (food, beverage, chemical and paper/disposable)
• Assisting with other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Requirements: Valid Food Safety certificate
• Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
• Climb ladders or stairs.
• Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
• Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
• Work with arms above shoulder height.
Please send resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.