Website Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
The Kinship Services Support Worker has the responsibility and duty to ensure the needs of the child(ren) are met in kinship living arrangements, when the child is not considered to be in care of the Agency. The Kinship Service Support Worker is responsible to maintain a consistent focus on the needs of the child and advocates with the Intake Unit and/or Family Service Unit to achieve permanency for children living with members of the child’s extended family or community.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum Native Child and Family Services or Social Service Worker diploma is required
- A four-year HBSW is preferred. A BA in a related discipline will also be considered with a combination related work experience
- Child welfare experience preferred
- A minimum two years’ experience with Anishinabek children, youth, individuals and families
- Candidates without the specific education qualifications and where the position does not require certified qualification to practice, but who possess an appropriate combination of experience and other academic qualifications will also be considered
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Search
- Required to work flexible hours, travel regularly and to act on an “on-call” basis as determined by the respective Service Manager in relation to service requirements
- Must possess a Class “G” Driver’s License, possess a clean driving record, and have access to a personal vehicle which will pass a safety inspection
Hours of Work: 32.5 hours per week
Wage Range: $30.18 – $39.38 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.dilico.com.