Website Correctional Service Canada
Correctional Service Canada
Abbotsford, BC; Agassiz, BC; Bath, ON; Campbellford, ON; Cowansville, QC; Donnacona, QC; Dorchester, NB; Drumheller, AB; Drummondville, QC; Edmonton, AB; Grande Cache, AB; Gravenhurst, ON; Innisfail, AB; Kingston, ON; Laval, QC; La Macaza, QC; Mission, BC; Port-Cartier, QC; Prince Albert, SK; Renous, NB; Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, QC; Saskatoon, SK; Springhill, NS; Stony Mountain, MB; Winnipeg, MB.
CX-01 – Correctional Officer I – INDETERMINATE
$66,974 to $84,045
For further information on the organization, please visit Correctional Service Canada
Closing date: 28 September 2022 – 23:59, Pacific Time
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
Correctional officers (COs) maintain the safety and security of federal penitentiaries. They:
- supervise and interact with offenders
- regularly watch for signs that the safety of others or security of the institution might be at risk
- take appropriate security measures when necessary
Institutions operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. COs work in shifts, including some weekends and statutory holidays. They occasionally need to work overtime.
As a correctional officer, you will:
- conduct routine patrols and inmate count
- supervise inmate movement and escort inmates both inside and outside the institution
- search cells, offenders, visitors, vehicles, living units, and surrounding areas
- conduct security checks and perform other duties as necessary
- verify safety equipment
- draft daily logs
- submit reports
- brief visitors, volunteers, and other criminal justice professionals who enter the institution
To apply for this job please visit emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca.