Job title: Cook
Employment status: FT Perm
Under the direction of the Manager of Children and Family Learning Centre, the Cook is responsible for ensuring all children have a full healthy menu including snacks and lunches on a daily basis.
Preferable skills & Qualifications:
• Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent); Food Service Worker Certificate would be an asset
• One (1) year experience cooking
• Valid Ontario Driver’s license;
• Favorable Vulnerable Sector Reference Check (upon hire)
• Safe Food Handling Certification
• Current First Aid / CPR
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Write a two-week menu that is healthy
• Cook healthy lunches and snacks everyday
• Clean kitchen and set up dining area daily, lifting tables and chairs
• Cook for programs in the evenings if supper is provided, and during special occasions and events, such as Father’s Day and Mother’s Day, etc.
• Deliver presentations and workshops. i.e. cookie exchange, four food groups, baby food making, home food canning, healthy menu planning and budgeting
• Shop on regular basis for the Children and Family Learning Centre
• Carry out any other duties the supervisor deems necessary.
How to apply:
Please forward a cover letter, resume, proof of qualifications and three professional references by email to
Joni Michano – Human Resources / Payroll Coordinator
Biigtigong Nishnaabeg, P.O. Box 93, Heron Bay, Ontario POT 1RO
It is the responsibility of each candidate to show how they meet qualifications; incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered & WILL automatically be screened out.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.