ClaimsPro is a national Independent Adjusting company that provides claims services for insurers, self-insured entities, and organizations with high financial retentions.
We are looking for recent Insurance Program graduates or University/College graduates to join our team as a Claims Adjuster Trainee. Reporting to one of our Branch Managers, the key focus of this position is to start your career in claims and develop in a mentorship environment the skills required for the investigation, adjustment, and examination of multi-line claims at a junior level.
Claimspro is a technology enabled, paperless environment and all matters are managed electronically. The expectation is that the Adjuster Trainee will enter into a period of structured training to obtain the skills required to be successful in a career in claims.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team that provides quality service to internal and external clients. They will display excellent customer service skills and will be a key contributor to the success of the organization by providing knowledgeable, detailed, and timely service.
Key Performance Factors
This role requires someone who is well organized with a high attention to detail and who enjoys doing things in a systematic way.
- Be action/results oriented, with ability to take initiative
- Effective analytical skills including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Ability to read or develop skills interpreting policy coverages and wordings
- Have a high attention to detail
- Possess effective written communication skills
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them
- Have a mature and friendly disposition
- Have strong computer skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive).
- Be well organized and able to prioritize
- Handing, investigation and management of claims
- Review coverages, limitations, warranties, and requirements
- Ensure appropriate coverage is in place
- Follow guidelines and instructions
- Prepare documents and mandatory forms as required
- Manage a case load of claim matters in compliance with KPIs and SLAs
- Manage reserves, payments, and financials
- Provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- A post-secondary diploma in Insurance will be given preference
- Ability to be obtain an adjusters license
- Familiarity or previous insurance claims experience will be a definite asset
- Previously demonstrated ability to execute high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and proven organizational skills
- Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic
- Proven ability to contribute to and work well with a team environment
- Good computer skills (MS-Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive) skills is required
- All other computer applications – must have the aptitude and ability to learn as required
- Valid Driver’s license
The Adjuster Trainee needs to be physically able to work in a modern open concept collaborative office environment. ClaimsPro has a flexible working environment leveraging technology. Physically it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to:
- Sit at a workstation with the ability to alternate positions as required
- Strong computer usage/keyboarding – 50-60% of time.
- Sit for 50% of day
- 50% of day varied sit, stand, drive, movement around various locations, climb stairs, and walk
- Telephone usage – advanced level, frequently used in this role
To apply for this job please visit www.scm.ca.