Position: Breakfast Cook (First Cook)
Reports to: Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Sous chef
Shift length: 11 hours
The Breakfast Cook contributes to the overall success of the culinary team by getting our guests
started each day with a hearty breakfast. Working overnight, the Breakfast Cook is responsible for
producing all required items as per contract scope daily, while maintaining a clean and enticing display
of products during service. The Breakfast Cook will demonstrate strong organizational and time
• Maintaining a safe working environment at all times
• Following all safety controls related to Covid including regular handwashing, proper
use of PPE and enhanced cleaning/sanitation requirements
• Providing excellent and consistent service for all guests using the KDR facilities
• Maintaining a clean and organized workstation throughout the shift
• Preparing all breakfast items efficiently, as required. Items include, but are not limited to:
o Eggs, prepared to order, feature items (Eggs Benedict, Breakfast Burritos, Feature
Omelettes and other preparations with eggs)
o Bacon, pork or beef sausage, ham, and other meats
o Quick breads (pancakes, muffins, biscuits, fritters) and other sweet and savoury
preparations such as French toast
o Baked beans & hot cereals
• Ensuring that food safety requirements are being followed
• Completing all HACCP and Production logs as required
• Labelling and dating of all products prepared for service as required
• Removing all used pots, pans, utensils, etc., to ware washing area
• Performing end-of-shift cleaning, sweeping, and mopping of workstation
• Completing all weekly and monthly cleaning tasks as scheduled
• Removing garbage from workstation as required
• Receiving and storing all supplies (food, beverage, chemical and paper/disposable)
• Assisting with any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
This position may include supervisory responsibilities including monitoring operations and team
member’s performance during the shift. All issues where progressive discipline would apply must be
discussed with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef, depending on availability.
Issues must be addressed in a timely manner, preferably no later than the end of the shift so that any
disciplinary action is carried out as close in time to the issue as possible.
Requirements: Valid Food Safety certificate
• Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
• Climb ladders or stairs.
• Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
• Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
• Work with arms above shoulder height.
Please send resume’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.