The Miller Group
THE MILLER GROUP | Area Supervisor
Subsidiary: Miller Paving Limited
Miller Maintenance proudly provides maintenance services on Maintenance Contracts for Ontario Ministry of Transportation in all five of the Ministry’s Regions. Our leadership in the Ontario road and highway maintenance industry is based on our commitment to continuous improvement through education, innovation, safety, and training.
The Area Supervisor ensures that all performance requirements on the Ministry Directed Ministry Contract (MDMC) are met. This includes optimizing allocation of resources (people and equipment) across all yards to enhance efficiency, utilization and control costs; developing and maintaining favorable relationships with customer (MTO) reps; providing day to day coaching and allocating tasks to the Patrol Foreperson; assisting the Operations Manager to ensure they have the resources and training required to fulfill the contract.
As an Area Supervisor, You Will;
- Overall supervision of the patrols within the MDMC contract for Marathon, Rossport and Terrace Bay, including managing the Forepersons and Administration staff
- Monitor costs and understand cost allocation across different performance requirements of the contract and identify ways to control costs
- Thoroughly understand the performance requirements of the contract and educate and support patrol supervisors to plan and prioritize the work
- Support an inclusive employee relationship culture and is accountable for adherence to policies that ensure a respectful and inclusive work environment
- Build and maintain a strong functional team through instruction, training, coaching and team-building
- Promote, lead, and execute a Safety-First culture for all employees, sub-contractors, and consultants in compliance with Miller Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) polices and ensure contractual HSE obligation for the staff and public are met
- Promote safety in all activities and engage in safe work plan development, hazard assessments, and mentorship with crew
- Provide guidance to team members by leading safety meetings and inspections
- Ensure work completed meets quality standards, and preparation and submittal of required reports, documentation and logs are completed
- Oversee the approval of daily production records and reporting on work progress, these include:
- Daily quality control inspections and checklist
- Record and reports of violations or disciplinary actions
- HSE inspections and reports
- Project specific forms/inspections/tracking as required
- Reviewing log with the patrol supervisors to ensure accuracy of reported items.
- Recommend additions and deletions to equipment fleet based on analysis of work operation and equipment reports, including tracking of onsite equipment, coordinate repairs and maintenance, and establishing equipment needs for both summer and winter work operations
- Other duties as required.
What You’ll Bring;
- 5 years of experience in a supervisory position; supervisory experience in the highway maintenance and/or road construction industry, an asset
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field, considered an asset
- Sound financial knowledge of accrual accounting and budgeting
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable OH&S legislations and MTO specifications
- Exceptional ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must maintain a valid Class G Driver’s License
- Ability to work assigned days, nights or weekend shifts as required
- Willingness to learn and appreciate Miller Values – safety, quality and integrity so we can continue “Building Greatness”
Apply to: https://careers.colasjobs.com/job/Marathon-THE-MILLER-GROUP-Area-Supervisor-Onta-P0T-2E0/777827902/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which role you are applying to.
Miller is proud to provide this unique career opportunity, we offer continuous learning, opportunity for growth, and a competitive compensation package. At our core; we are our people. We succeed because we respect our people and invest in their development, safety and well-being. Miller is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key attributes to building greatness. Miller’s core values of Integrity and Community welcomes everyone, at work and in the community, and our value of Accountability, means that we own our actions, our decisions and our results. As a Miller employee, this will ultimately be your commitment to our inclusive culture.
We will contact candidates selected for an interview. Accommodation for applications with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.