Website Anishinabek Employment and Training Services
Serving the First Nation Citizens of: Animbiigoo Zaagi’igan Anishinaabek, Biigtigong Nishnaabeg, Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek, Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek, Kiashke Zaaging Anishinaabek, Michipicoten First Nation, Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg, Pays Plat First Nation and Red Rock Indian Band.
Systems Officer – Thunder Bay (Full Time Contract until March 31, 2023)
Under the direction of the Executive Director and supervision of the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the effective operation of Information Technology (IT) services and program support across the organization. This individual will engage both strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate systems and related resources that will support organizational goals and objectives. The role will maintain and enhance the information technology with a focus on the organizations database, to also help strengthen each of the member communities within the North Superior region. In order to succeed, the position will include but not limited to, working with staff, committees, stakeholders, participants, potential participants to:
• Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
• Support the utilization of IT for organizational services and programs and maintain vital operational systems:
o Including Sage and HRMS and other ISETA Systems
o Installation, Testing, Maintaining and Repairing systems
o Regular updates, back-ups and troubleshooting
• Create, modify, and improve current systems processes, using knowledge and experience in information technology to ensure appropriate accuracy of data. This work includes the creation of all plans for ensuring functionality, data consistency, security and usability of systems aligned with the organization’s priorities and enabling staff to do their work effectively
• Diagnose and resolve performance issues to ensure optimal performance and reliability
• Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies, and make recommendations that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers
• Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
• Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
• Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
• Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
• Deliver IT status reports as required
• Optimize the use of social media for business purposes
• Oversee website functionality and development enhancements including ensuring it is regularly updated with changes as they occur including but not limited to form changes, staff changes, job opportunities at AETS, current programs offered, etc.
• Assist with managing the Database Systems and associated subsystems:
o Liaise with external organizations (Sencia, AES) to ensure database is current with updates and required changes as identified
o Maintain schedule of regular uploads to funders as required
o Ensure data integrity and provide regular open intervention reports to staff to ensure follow-up and closure on a monthly basis
o Monthly/Quarterly reports from database
• Obtain training and update knowledge on all IT systems, equipment and software and provide end user training and support for both AETS Staff and FN Communities who receive IT systems through AETS such as the Promethean Smart Boards, Teams carts, Video Cart, etc. including the requirement to travel to communities as necessary.
• Provide training and update staff on essential IT systems including the database, email, website, copiers, computers, printers, etc. ensuring staff develop and maintain their own IT skills and keep all systems secure.
• Development, documentation and implementation of IT policies and procedures.
• Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases
• Liaise with IT System providers (TBXI, Sage, AES) for support and training as required
• Responsible for all IT logistics and maintenance of a complete and up to date inventory system:
o Including all hardware, software and equipment, serial numbers, date of purchase, vendor, cost, etc.
o Location and storage of all hardware, software and equipment
o Loaner program – maintain contracts and log for in and out, and follow up with program staff to ensure all items loaned out are returned as required
o Cell Phone Path to Employment Program – maintain contracts, track utilization and provide assistance where necessary
o Liaise with service providers such as TBay Tel (Hubs) providing timely notifications of equipment lost or not in service to ensure cost effectiveness
• Development of efficient IT processes (ie Bulk Transfer files to RBC) as determined
• Development, implementation and maintenance of an effective IT Ticket System to better track work completed, prioritize and schedule duties
• Monitor and provide guidance and assistance for students working in IT (ie. Coop Student)
• Other systems duties will be assigned as necessary.
Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Business Information Systems or Computer Programing is preferred. Experience in service delivery of labour market programs; or a combination of education & training with minimum of 3 years’ experience in labour market program delivery with Indigenous client’s and working with a client database. Excellent interpersonal skills; a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook; previous experience in working with First Nation clients; Valid Class G Driver’s Licence and willingness for some travel preferred. A criminal record check is mandatory upon hire.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter including a salary range, resume and the names of three references by Wednesday, May 18th, 2022 at noon (12:00pm) via firstname.lastname@example.org to: Recruitment Committee c/o Anishinabek Employment and Training Services 285 Red River Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 1A9
First Nation Citizens of the AETS nine member participating communities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are asked to identify the First Nation Community in the requested cover letter.
We appreciate your interest; however, only those interviewed will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.