Website Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
Regular Full-Time Position
Location – AAFS Administration Office, Wauzhushk Onigum Nation
This position’s main purpose is in the assistance of planning, controlling, reporting, and measuring the information and assets of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services. The Finance Controller produces and analyzes financial information critical to business interests as well as creates and presents reports to management regarding accounting data to enable knowledge-based decision making and forecasts.
· Recognized Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or an equivalent post graduate degree and 5 years’ experience gained through related work experience.
· Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
· Knowledge of budget preparation, analysis techniques.
· Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions.
· Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, time management and prioritizing skills are essential.
· High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
· Experience managing audits performed by external audit firms.
· General understanding of computerized accounting systems.
· Demonstrated Supervisory skills.
· Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of MS Office.
· Interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
· Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
· Ability to take direction and work within the agency philosophy, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
· Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, and other community agencies and service providers.
· Strong commitment to help Anishinaabe children and their families by providing culturally competent services.
· Always committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality with a thorough understanding that all agency matters related to services, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential.
· Must be aware of the cultural environment in which AAFS Family Services operates
· Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence, be willing to travel and provide a Driver’s Abstract; and
· Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range $83,168 -102,000
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR
RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE # FC2023OUF TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at the time of interview.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
To apply for this job email your details to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca.