Website Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External
Full Time Contract Position for one year with possible extension
Location – Kenora
The Staff Trainer is a regular full-time contract position. The Staff Trainer provides professional training and cultural competency-based training to agency staff. The Staff Trainer reports directly to the Training Coordinator and will provide support to the Training Coordinator in receiving and submitting work assignments, projects and tasks and deliverables.
· Bachelor’s Degree with three years’ experience in the management of services for children and their families or a comparable human service program; a combination of skills, education and experience may be considered
· Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service development and delivery, First Nation communities, family structure and local customs and traditions
· Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations
· Knowledge of the Child Protection Standard in Ontario
· Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including the service delivery model, policies, procedures and guidelines
· Ability to support and encourage training in ways that respect Anishinaabe traditional and cultural practice
· Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with management, colleagues and other community agencies and service providers
· Ability to research training needs, plan services and prepare reports on such research and planning
· Ability to prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical report on program policy and services procedures
· Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational, presentation and facilitation skills
· Committed to providing training services in the Anishinaabe context of extended family and community involvement
· Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at al times
· Extensive experience in designing, planning and conducting training workshops
· Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate group decision-making processes through knowledge, ideas and persuasion
· Ability to flex daily work hours
· Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers License, be willing to travel and provide a Driver’s Abstract, and
· Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will normally be performed in a typical interior and office environment of AAFS. This position requires the employee to stand for long periods of time in front of and instruct medium to large sized groups, and to walk, sit, bend, crouch, kneel, stretch and lift/carry up to 30 lbs. This position also requires prolonged sitting and driving on highway and rough and winding “C” class roadways to semi-isolated First Nation communities during seasonal weather conditions.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $63,983 – $78,471
Benefits: This contract position is eligible for 4 weeks paid vacation, Extended Health, Dental, AD&D and Group Life benefits and voluntary participation in the AAFS Pension program.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve.
Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #
Human Resources Manager by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 05, 2022 at 4:30pm
To apply for this job email your details to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca.