Website Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Internal/External
Receptionist – Full Time Permanent
Location – Kenora
The Receptionist is responsible for serving visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them. The Receptionist is the first point of contact for many with the agency, and shall perform all duties professionally, respectfully and graciously demonstrating at all times the Mission of the agency. The Receptionist reports directly to the Director of Strategic Planning and Policy.
· Community College Diploma, or High School Diploma with two years direct experience; although a combination of related education, experience, and skills may be considered;
· Basic knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations, Customary Care, First Nation communities, family structure, as well as local customs and traditions;
· Committed to ensuring the highest level of confidentiality at all times with a thorough understanding that all matters related to clients, staff, and all other agency matters must be kept confidential;
· Ability to coordinate all reception services and to receive clients, community members, Elders, caregivers, guests and all general public attending the office in a professional, respectful and gracious manner and announce their arrival to the appropriate staff member;
· Ability to receive all incoming telephone calls in a professional, respectful and gracious manner and forward to the appropriate staff member, or if unavailable, take a message and/or provide general non-confidential information;
· Ability to assess urgent matters and ensure appropriate staff member is notified promptly;
· Ability to use discretion and tact when dealing with irritated or upset callers and/or visitors;
· Experience with computers and office methods and procedures to include incoming and outgoing mail and faxes;
· Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet the demands of a high volume, fast-paced front desk, telephone and reception area;
· Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence and be willing to travel and provide Driver’s Abstract, and
· Ability to speak Ojibway is preferred and a definite asset.
Includes but not limited to, working in high stress social settings, working with potential aggressive clientele. The position may require sitting for long periods of time at a desk, perhaps sharing a workspace with other colleagues. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines and at times consisting of repetitive duties that may involve a computer, website, telephone and faxing requirements.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $38,883 – $47,687 per annum
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE FORWARD AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST LETTER QUOTING FILE #R2023OUF TO:
Manager of Human Resources c/o Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: Open Until Filled
To apply for this job email your details to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca.