Website Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – INTERNAL/EXTERNAL
COVID-19 Cleaner/Office Assistant
Full Time Contract Position for 6 Months
Location – Kenora
The COVID-19 Cleaner / Office Assistant is responsible for performing specialized cleaning and daily cleaning duties in response to COVID-19 to ensure sanitization of AAFS offices and vehicles. Additionally, this position provides relief reception services and other office and support services.
· High School Diploma with two years direct related experience. However, a combination of skills, education and experience may be considered; janitorial experience is preferred but not required;
· Knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including philosophy, mandate, service delivery, policies, procedures and office method;
· Knowledge of First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions;
· Knowledge of cleaning methods and cleaning products;
· Operating knowledge of basic custodial equipment;
· Experience working with online systems, inventory and data entry
· Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions;
· Ability to take direction, work with, and be a part of, a team and work independently;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions;
· Computer experience including Microsoft Office suite and experience working with a variety of office machines;
· Ability to flex daily work hours hours potentially including infrequent evenings and weekends as determined by the Director of Finance, Administration and Human Resources including evenings and weekends;
· Committed to ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
· Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers License, be willing to travel and provide a Drivers Abstract; and
· Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work is performed in an interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position requires a normal range of hearing and clear speaking voice, ability to sit for extended periods of time, walk, stand, stretch, bend, crouch, kneel and lift/carry up to 50 pounds. Occasional stress from fast-paced and varying demands with moderate to high noise level. Frequent contact with co-workers, visitors, children, youth and families.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
Salary Range: $38,883 – $47,687 annually
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve. Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #CCOA20220516 to:
Manager of Human Resources by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: MONDAY MAY 16, 2022 at 4:30pm
To apply for this job email your details to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca.