Website Alterna Savings
Scope of Position
The Member Service Representative (MSR) provides professional and efficient service to members/clients utilizing sound knowledge of Alterna products and services to fulfill their transactional needs and provide an excellent member/client experience.
This role quickly develops a rapport with members/clients and proactively identifies their needs, promotes Alterna products and services and refers members/clients to the appropriate internal partner based on the complexity of their requirements, while ensuring compliance and adherence to operational policies and procedures.
As part of ongoing development this role will require that you be flexible to assist in others areas of the branch, as required, with greeting and directing members as well as opening new accounts and dealing with general inquiries regarding our products and services.
- Responds to member/client needs by delivery of friendly, efficient service and accurately processing various financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cheque cashing/ordering, bill payments, money orders, transfers, or foreign currency exchange.
- Resolves member/client issues at first point of contact where possible and refers to senior internal officers based on the complexity of the situation.
- Strives to create a positive member/client experience through each interaction and looks for ways to continuously improve the overall member/client branch experience.
- Maintains a strong level of knowledge with respect to Alterna Savings’ products, services, sales disciplines, and current marketing campaign programs/strategies.
- Actively participates in all sales disciplines (i.e., high five goals, side-by-side coaching, quarterly sales cycle training) and participates in branch campaign initiatives.
- Utilizes quarterly learning to adapt strategies and increase results.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and adherence to operational policies, procedures, objectives, and Code of Business Conduct.
- Actively collects applicable fees and revenues, contributing to branch financial goals.
- Finds solutions to enhance the member/client experience and minimize factors that may negatively impact the member/client experience.
- Actively participates in setting individual sales and referral targets, goal setting and regular coaching sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Expectations / Outcomes
- Alterna Savings’ members will view the organization as exceeding their expectations in terms of service quality.
- Personal sales and referral goals will be achieved, contributing to the overall growth of the branch and the organization.
- Alterna Savings’ members will have the appropriate products that suit their needs.
- Professional and safe work environment is maintained.
- Accurate posting, cash management (including balancing), administrative, and security and risk management procedures.
- Post-secondary education preferred or an equivalent level of experience and education.
- Previous experience in a sales role, including cash is preferred.
- Previous Teller experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Member/Client Centricity-Sustains member relations
- Continuous Learning & Agility-Self assesses and monitors oneself to maintain personal effectiveness
- Teamwork-Contributes positively as a team member
- Achievement Orientation-Consistently meets work expectations
- Adaptability-Recognizes how change will affect work
- Decision Making & Problem Solving-Makes decisions based on guidelines
- Impact & Influence-Uses facts and available information to persuade
- Initiative-Addresses current issues
- Follow all Alterna Savings and Alterna Bank Policies and Procedures
About Alterna Savings
Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited (Alterna) has been the good in banking™ for over 110 years, and based on assets under management, is one of Canada’s Top 10 credit unions (CCUA, 2021). Alterna is made up of Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited and its wholly owned subsidiary, Alterna Bank. Together, we have $10 billion in assets under management.
As the first full-service, member-owned co-operative financial institution outside Quebec, Alterna Savings shares its expertise with more than 185,000 members through a network of over 30 branches across Ontario, that includes partner Peterborough Community Savings; as well as call centre and digital channels. Members and customers also benefit from an industry-leading online brokerage, investment management services, and have access to over 43,000 surcharge-free ATMs in North America with THE EXCHANGE Network in Canada and the All point Network in the US.
Working at Alterna
Alterna offers a fast-paced, impactful work experience in an organization that cares about doing good. For over 110 years, Alterna has been creating financial services that transform lives for the better, all while giving back to our community.
We are incredibly proud of our corporate culture, where everyone works together towards a common goal, the financial wellbeing of our members and customers. This commitment has earned us several prestigious employer awards, including the National Capital Region’s Top Employers award for six years running.
*Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills, and competencies outlined above.
* Alterna is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please contact the recruiter to let us know how we can accommodate you.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.